Santa has this long never ending list of kids who have been good all year. These kids are waiting for their presents and Santa has to deliver an endless amount of toys, in such a short period of time. In order to be at these kids’ homes before Christmas, Santa has to stay no more than a few seconds at each one and that takes some serious route planning.
The mission – spreading Christmas happiness. Between delivering presents and entertaining people at the crowded malls, this mission seems impossible. Unless Santa’s presents distribution is somehow done automatically, using a route planner.
If Santa were to use a route planner, we would recommend these features:
- Importing a file with his list since we wouldn’t expect him to manually type all the kids’ addresses.
- Dividing each list to several routes since he needs to optimize his deliveries.
- Planning his routes to be optimized by the fastest way so that this mission can be accomplished.
- Setting service time since visiting malls should take much more time into consideration.
- Changing the route plan to cope with last minute changes.
- Getting a map with accurate turn-by-turn driving directions since the roads changed this past year and it’s so cold outside…
- Send his routes to a GPS since he probably owns the most modern GPS device.
That’s it, let’s hope that Santa’s route planning is done automatically and all kids get their presents on time.
Merry Christmas and have a wonderful holiday!